Saturday, December 2, 2017

Flatbasset Radio's 25 Most Played Albums: November '17


Well hello everybody. Welcome to another edition of Album Collage Monthly!

Folks, I don't know about you, but my November was straight trash. I won't bore you with the details, but too much worky, not enough sleepy, not enough bloggy... It wasn't any fun. It was so bad, in fact, that it bled into December and pushed this post back a day. I'm sorry for that, but really, if you spent yesterday refreshing this blog waiting for the collage you have problems far worse than mine.

Anyway, as always, big thanks to everybody who checked out the lone show I posted this month. No matter how rough things are, I take sincere joy out of playing that Descendents song every Thanksgiving. It really does say the things I'd like to in a much better (and catchier) way than I can. Sincere thanks to all the bands who play the way they play and help push through the darker days.

Let's get to the thing.

(As always, one "play" equals one song. For example, the new Mozzer album has 12 songs on it, so each time I listen to it front to back it counts as twelve "plays." As usual, all stats come from my Last.FM page. Give it a follow if you really want to stay up on what's getting the most plays.)


01. Shredders - Dangerous Jumps (84 plays)

02. Morrissey - Low In High School (84 plays)

03. Yeah Wings - Tomorrow WillBe Better (63 plays)

04. Buck 65 - Situation (55 plays)

05. Blaha - 499-456 (55 plays)

06. Descendents - Liveage! (54 plays)

07. Local H - Hallelujah! I'm A Bum (51 plays)

08. V/A - EIS Sampler 2013 // 2014 (50 plays)

09. V/A - Unpop 154 (47 plays)

10. The Replacements - All For Nothing/Nothing For All (46 plays)

11. Jay-Z - American Gangster (45 plays)

12. Fragile Canyons - Adapting To The Cosmos (44 plays)

13. Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables (42 plays)

14. Superchunk - Superchunk (40 plays)

15. Liam Gallagher - As You Were (37 plays)

16. Vangelis - Blade Runner (36 plays)

17. Unwound - Repetition (36 plays)

18. The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour (33 plays)

19. The Killers - Sawdust (33 plays)

20. Bedhead - WhatFunLifeWas (33 plays)

21. Romantica - Control Alt Country Delete (32 plays)

22. Buffalo Springfield - Again (30 plays)

23. Greg Graffin - American Lesion (30 plays)

24. Jens Lekman - Life Will See You Now (30 plays)

25. Cream - Disraeli Gears (30 plays)

There you have it, folks. Stay tuned for more shows throughout December!





For more of my rantings you can give me a follow on Twitter (@TCDroogsma).  Previous episodes of Flatbasset Radio are archived on my Mixcloud page.  Stop by Flatbasset Radio's Facebook Page & give it a "Like" if you have the time.