Friday, December 22, 2017

Flatbasset Radio: Episode #111


Show me a barrel and watch me scrape it...


Well hello again, podcast fans! Welcome to Flatbasset Radio: Episode #111

I know it's been a minute since the last episode, but I'm trying to finish the year strong. It's a long, holiday travel sort of weekend and I'm here to help you get through that car ride or plane ride or train ride.

You'll find that Flatbasset Radio: Episode #111 is just a bit different (perhaps, dare I say, better) than previous episodes. That's because, in the name of getting some songs in before 2017 passes, each of the sets on this week's show ends with a would-be Flatbasset Flatclassic. I had too many anniversaries pile up on me over the year due to my lack of consistency and I'm making up for lost time. Of course we'll still be dipping into some great new local music, some anniversaries, the Cover Of The Week, a trip in the Minnesota Way-Back Machine, and the actual Flatbasset Flatclassic.

As always, Flatbasset Radio is completely free. I've finally set up a decent downloading site, so if you'd like to download Flatbasset Radio: Episode #111 (with all the appropriate iTunes tagging), just click here.

If you don't have the time or desire to download the show, just click the Mixcloud player below and you're good to go.



Here's how Episode #111 plays out:






01. Another Heaven - Starfall





02. Mew - Carry Me To Safety (Live On Radio K)





03. Nik Void - Rocket USA





04. The Verve - Lucky Man





05. Astronomique - Mimic Forms





06. Bedhead - Unfinished





07. Morrissey - Trouble Loves Me





08. The Busy Signals - She's Got Soul





09. Sloan - I Am The Cancer/Left Of Centre





10. Roma Di Luna - Letter To A Young Poet





11. Gin Blossoms - Found Out About You





12. Bruce Springsteen - Brilliant Disguise









There you have it, folks. Enjoy!




For more of my rantings you can give me a follow on Twitter (@TCDroogsma).  Previous episodes of Flatbasset Radio are archived on my Mixcloud page.  Stop by Flatbasset Radio's Facebook Page & give it a "Like" if you have the time.