Sunday, December 31, 2017

Flatbasset Radio: Episode #112


Thanks for listening, thanks for understanding...


Well hello again, music fans. Welcome to Flatbasset Radio: Episode #112!

It's the last show of 2017, everybody and I, for one, couldn't be happier. 2017 was a trash can fire. Will 2018 be better? I don't know. What am I, Kreskin? I hope so, but I'm a practical man, so I'm sure not counting on it.

The one thing I can say with some certainty: This is an outstanding episode of Flatbasset Radio!

(Second thing I can say with some certainty: I am not great at segues.)

Anyway, continuing a theme from last week's episode, I'm making up for some lost time with this one. Over the course of 2017 I slept/worked/moped my way through too many weeks without putting together a show and, as such, I missed a bunch of classic anniversaries. I'm rectifying that here on Ep. #112. A semi-forgotten hip-hop classic, an old demo by a fallen power-pop god , TWO 50th anniversary classics, my favorite post-makeout-stroll album of 1997, the most perfect power-pop song ever written, some weirdo 70's instrumental stuff, one of the great forgotten punk bands of the 90's... all of these things make an appearance on this week's show (as well as a new one from the Twin Cities' favorite ex-pats). All that plus the Cover Of The Week & the Flatbasset Flatclassic.

As always, Flatbasset Radio is completely free. I've finally set up a decent downloading site, so if you'd like to download Flatbasset Radio: Episode #112 (with all the appropriate iTunes tagging), just click here.

If you don't have the time or desire to download the show, just click the Mixcloud player below and you're good to go.



Here's how Episode #112 plays out:






01. The Hold Steady - Entitlement Crew





02. Lupe Fiasco - Hip-Hop Saved My Life





03. The Beatles - Flying





04. Nirvana - Son Of A Gun





05. Rivers Cuomo - Chess





06. David Bowie - Moss Garden





07. R.E.M. - Nightswimming





08. Buffalo Springfield - Rock & Roll Woman





09. Wretch Like Me - Hello Hollywood, This Is David





10. Green Day - Last Ride In





11. Sugar - If I Can't Change Your Mind





12. The Smiths - I Won't Share You









There you have it. See you in hell, 2017!




For more of my rantings you can give me a follow on Twitter (@TCDroogsma).  Previous episodes of Flatbasset Radio are archived on my Mixcloud page.  Stop by Flatbasset Radio's Facebook Page & give it a "Like" if you have the time.