Friday, April 1, 2016

Flatbasset Radio's 25 Most Played Albums: March '16


Well hello again, everybody, and welcome to yet another installment of the most important running column on the internet: Flatbasset Radio's 25 Most Played Albums.

Thank God it's April. No joke. I won't bore you with the details, but March of every year is far & away my busiest month each year. I have a lot of work between my jobs and honestly, once I finish those my priorities are sleep, basset hound, food... and that's pretty much it. It's not just the blog/podcast that gets neglected, it's friends, family, personal appearance, nutrition, cleanliness... Pretty much everything.

That's a roundabout way of apologizing for the lack of posts over the last month. However, with March behind me, it's time to get back to work. What better way to ease my toes back into the cold, harsh waters of the internet than recapping which albums were getting the most play while I slogged through another brutal March? Let's get to some instant nostalgia!

As always, please remember that one song = one play. If I listen to, Blur's The Great Escape once all the way through, it counts as 15 plays. These stats are all pulled from my Last.fm page, which you should definitely follow if you're certain you've checked out absolutely everything else on the internet.

Here we go!



01. Poliça - United Crushers (84 plays)

02. Yeah Wings - It Feels Like Laughing With You (63 plays)

03. Tony Peachka - Hello Tony (44 plays)

04. The Kelley Deal 6000 - Go To The Sugar Altar (32 plays)

05. Big Cats - What If It Doesn't Get Better? (32 plays)

06. Blur - The Great Escape (31 plays)

07. DJ Shadow - Excessive Ephemera (30 plays)

08. Bad Religion - The Gray Race (30 plays)

09. Motion City Soundtrack - I Am The Movie (29 plays)

10. Son Volt - Wide Swing Tremolo (28 plays)

11. Ryan Adams - Easy Tiger (26 plays)

12. Superdrag - Head Trip In Every Key (26 plays)

13. Poolboy - Poolboy (25 plays)

14. Prince - 3121 (24 plays)

15. Bill Withers - Just As I Am (24 plays)

16. The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour (24 plays)

17. The Stone Roses - Second Coming (24 plays)

18. Still Life Still - Girls Come Too (22 plays)

19. Rancid - Life Won't Wait (22 plays)

20. The Hold Steady - Almost Killed Me (20 plays)

21. Down By Law - All Scratched Up! (18 plays)

22. Pale Spectre - Live On Radio K (2016) (18 plays)

23. CFCF - Do U Like Night Bus? (17 plays)

24. Tiny Deaths - Night Flowers (17 plays)

25. Sloan - Peppermint (16 plays)


Image via Tap Music
Stats via my Last.fm page




For more TCDroogsma be sure to give him a follow on Twitter (@TCDroogsma).  Previous episodes of Flatbasset Radio are archived on his Mixcloud page.  Stop by Flatbasset Radio's Facebook Page & give it a "Like" if you have the time.