Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Flatbasset Radio: Episode #75


The only salvation for us tonight is to turn on the radio...


Well hello again, podcast fans! Welcome to Flatbasset Radio: Episode #75!

Folks, no joke, I was not in a great spot when I recorded this week's show. I'm a little under the weather, my body aches, the light's burned out here at Planet New Basset, and I was late for work today. It's been rough.

However, part of the reason I do the show is, selfishly, to lift my own spirits and this one doesn't disappoint in that regard. What it may lack in quality banter it more than makes up for in absolute cold-blooded jams. I've got plenty of new local music on this one, a celebration of Beatles producer George Martin, some dusty-sample throwbacks, a couple of anniversaries, hell, I even manage to avoid launching into my entire Gin Blossoms defense (condensed version: the Gin Blossoms were great) Killer stuff all around. All that plus the Cover Of The Week & the Flatbasset Flatclassic!

As always, Flatbasset Radio is completely free. I've finally set up a decent downloading site, so if you'd like to download Flatbasset Radio: Episode #75 (with all the appropriate iTunes tagging), just click here.

If you don't have the time or desire to download the show, just click the Mixcloud player below and you're good to go.



Here's how this week's show plays out:





01. Night Moves - Carl Sagan




02. DJ Shadow - Stem (Cops 'N Robbers Mix)




03. Majical Cloudz - Bugs Don't Buzz



04. Pale Spectre - Nothing Yet




05. The Beatles - I'm Only Sleeping




06. The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever




07. The Beatles - Yesterday




08. Tony Peachka - Party Song




09. Medium Zach - The Art Of The Flip Pt. 1




10. Down By Law - Radio Ragga




11. Cat Power - Lived In Bars




12. Gin Blossoms - Follow You Down








There you have it, folks. Thanks for listening!




For more TCDroogsma be sure to give him a follow on Twitter (@TCDroogsma).  Previous episodes of Flatbasset Radio are archived on his Mixcloud page.  Stop by Flatbasset Radio's Facebook Page & give it a "Like" if you have the time.