Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Album Of The Week: October 14-20, 2013


My Album Of The Week for the week of October 14th-20th, 2013:


Citroën - Anachronaut

I'm spending a week with this one on a bit of a whim.

I found about Citroën because they were kind enough to follow Newest Industry on Twitter.  Here's how they described themselves in their Twitter bio:

"We write songs for lost cosmonauts, lonely mathematicians, and handsome fishmongers."

While I'm far too dumb to understand space, mathematics, or the intricacies of fishmongering (hell, I'm not even certain how to pronounce "Citroën"I did follow a link to their Bandcamp page and found Anachronaut as a "Name Your Price" download.  It's got a nice post-punk vibe to it.  If nothing else, at least give the song "Terminal Bliss" a listen.