Thursday, February 1, 2018

Flatbasset Radio: Second-Hand Mix #1


There's a hundred hearts soar free...


Folks, I'm trying something new on Flatbasset Radio today.

Flatbasset Radio: Second-Hand Mix #1... exists!

Bear with me...

Yesterday was my birthday and, like the music-obsessed introvert that I am, I spent the day inside making new mixes. I put together two half-hour long shows that are only jams, no banter, and, if I do say so myself, they are fantastic.

Why did I do this? Well, that's where you, loyal listeners come in. You see I made these mixes as an incentive to you to indulge me in a birthday wish.

https://secondhandhounds.org/donate/

I made these two shows in hopes that I could convince some of you to donate to the folks at Secondhand Hounds . Just make a donation of at least $5 and I'll either e-mail you the mixes or burn them onto a CD and send them to you. I donated $10 myself and I think it would be awesome if we could get up to at least $50.

Obviously, we're working on the honor system here. The mixes are indeed flame emoji, but $5 ain't much. No need to cheat the system. Just send me a PM and let me know how you'd like these shows delivered and I'll get it going. These shows aren't going up on the Mixcloud page or the blog. They exist solely as a thank you for stepping up and helping out some hounds.

Side A:

01. Big Quarters - Land Of Opportunity
02. Cult Choir - Insomnia Strain
03. Shy Layers - Running
04. Damon Albarn - Seven High
05. Blur - Sweet Song
06. Edison - That Dream Of Falling Face First
07. Paul McCartney - Glasses
08. A-Plus - You Owe It To Yourself
09. Zavala - Cycles To Gehenna
10. Greg Carr - Re-Entry To The Astral Sea
11. Love-Cars - Halloween

Side B:

01. Wet Eyes - Aerial Lawnmower
02. Frank Ocean - In Here Somewhere
03. Iggy Pop - Nightclubbing (Baby Doc Remix)
04. Human Kindness - Katherine Drone
05. Doomtree - English
06. Kool A.D. - Not OK
07. TV On The Radio - Family Tree
08. Greg Carr - Tuning Out
09. Mike Swoop - On My Mind
10. M. Ward - Transfiguration #2

(Quick note to these artists: Lord knows, I'm not making any money here. It's all for charity. Please don't sue me.)

Thanks for listening everybody.

Travis