Friday, February 23, 2018

Flatbasset Radio: Episode #118


Can you squeeze me into an empty page of your diary?


Well hello again, everybody. Welcome to Flatbasset Radio: Episode #118!

That's right, folks, it's Flatbasset Friday and oh boy to I have a show lined up for you. It's been a crazy week here in snowy Minneapolis, but it's Friday and I was dead set on getting this show to all my loyal listeners (hi, Mom!).

This week's episode is stuffed to the gills with jams and banter. Lots of things to say about the stuff (or, conversely, stuff to say about the things). Along the way I tell a story about my terrible apartment building, build a bridge between Flatbasset Radio & Disney (finally!), spotlight an artist who spent some time in the margins of a past episode, find the Twin Cities answer to The Dandy Warhols, spend some time with angry Canadians, spend some time with handsome Canadians, take a peek under the hood of one of my local groups, and spotlight a bunch of great upcoming shows. Along the way we take a dive into Nate's Archives, check out the Cover Of The Week, take a trip in the Minnesota Way-Back Machine, and, as always, revisit an absolutely stellar Flatbasset Flatclassic.

As always, Flatbasset Radio is completely free. I've finally set up a decent downloading site, so if you'd like to download Flatbasset Radio: Episode #118 (with all the appropriate iTunes tagging), just click here.



Here's how Episode #118 plays out:






01. Porcupine - Witness To A Chase Scene





02. Why? - One Mississippi





03. Aby Wolf - Movin In





04. Ryan Adams - Karma Police





05. Propagandhi - Less Talk, More Rock





06. MMYYKK - Nala





07. Double Grave - NĂ¼





08. Faux Jean - Hey!





09. Caribou - Sinuses





10. A Grave With No Name - Hot Blood





11. Early Eyes - Sunrise





12. Morrissey - Hairdresser On Fire











Beats by Phatnumber
Flatbasset Radio Artwork by Ross Auger

Thanks for listening!





For more of my rantings you can give me a follow on Twitter (@TCDroogsma).  Previous episodes of Flatbasset Radio are archived on my Mixcloud page.  Stop by Flatbasset Radio's Facebook Page & give it a "Like" if you have the time.