Monday, February 19, 2018

Flatbasset Radio: Episode #117


Perhaps it isn't what you wanted or even what you're looking for...


Well hello again, everybody! Welcome to Flatbasset Radio: Episode #117!

That's right, folks, it's a rare Monday afternoon episode of the show. I had planned on getting the show done on Friday, but I was unfortunately waylaid by a cold, a hockey game, and work. These things happen. Someday they'll pay me to do these shows and then I won't have any more excuses.

If you're a fan of the show you likely know what you're getting into with Episode #117. I've got jams on jams on banter on more jams. Along the way I discuss overrated albums of the 90's, underrated albums of the 90's, trying to do my part to support indie labels, French guitar instrumentals, the resurfacing of the old "Minneapolis Sound," one of my favorite Twin Cities producers, my latest Glaswegian obsession, and plenty more. Of course I also have the Cover Of The Week, a dive into Nate's Archives, a trip in the Minnesota Way-Back Machine, and the Flatbasset Flatclassic.

As always, Flatbasset Radio is completely free. I've finally set up a decent downloading site, so if you'd like to download Flatbasset Radio: Episode #117 (with all the appropriate iTunes tagging), just click here.



Here's how Ep. #117 plays out:






01. The Happy Children - All This Time






02. Dizzy Fae - Johnny Bravo







03. Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea






04. Museum Mouth - Santa Monica





05. The Muffs - By My Side





06. Docks - Train





07. Fits - Running Out





08. Ela - Checks Getting Cashed





09. Shopping - Asking For A Friend





10. Big Cats - Dreaming About Birds





11. Polarnecks - Will The Good Things End?





12. Bob Mould - The Silence Between Us









Beats by Phatnumber
Flatbasset Radio Artwork by Ross Auger

Thanks for listening!




For more of my rantings you can give me a follow on Twitter (@TCDroogsma).  Previous episodes of Flatbasset Radio are archived on my Mixcloud page.  Stop by Flatbasset Radio's Facebook Page & give it a "Like" if you have the time.