Monday, December 30, 2013

Album Of The Week: December 30-January 5, 2014


My Album Of The Week for the week of  December 30th-January 5th, 2014:


The Person & The People - Zen And The Art Of Popular Music

I decided to dig a little deeper with The Person & The People on the strength of their new single "I Was Wrong" (which MinneSarah & I reviewed in Songs Of The Week #72 just last week over on Newest Industry).  Sarah pretty much nailed it when she wrote, "You know what the world needs?  A good pop song."  Boy, compared to most of the garbage we deal with in that column that's really the truth.

Anyway, I've had a great run with St. Paul power-pop bands this year (Panther Ray, The Persian Leaps), so I figured one last EP would be good way to send off 2013.  The Person & The People's St. Paul Power-Pop Party!  Alliteration, bitches!

Head on over to their Bandcamp page to check it out for yourself.