Monday, November 4, 2013

Album Of The Week: November 4-10, 2013


My Album Of The Week for the week of November 4th-10th, 2013:


Mystery Palace - Sleepless

Mystery Palace is another of those local bands that I've been listening to for years via my Current Song Of The Day song rotation but I've never really dug any deeper than that.

They actually put out two EP's back in 2011, Sleepless and Nervio.  They had one song from each of these EP's given away via the podcast ("Caroline" and "Lose It All" respectively).  A couple years of stumbling and re-stumbling onto these songs and I decided that there's something more to these guys than the average synth-pop band.  They seem to rely a little bit less on the angular-dance side of things and more on the warm-poppy side.  The first week of November seems like the appropriate time to find out.

Both of those EP's are available as pay-what-you-like downloads on Mystery Palace's Bandcamp page.