Monday, April 27, 2015

Flatbasset Radio: Episode #57


Right on time, right on the money...



Well hello again, podcast fans!  Welcome to Flatbasset Radio: Episode #57!

Thanks for stopping by again.  I promised back in Ep. #56 that I would be more consistent this spring & summer with the show and here I am sort of sticking to my promise.  Mathematically, having done zero episodes in March, the fact that I've now put up two episodes in April means I'm being infinitely more productive, so there ya go.  Men lie, women lie, numbers don't.

Unfortunately, you're stuck with me flying solo yet again on this episode.  Along the way I apologize for not making my way to St. Paul, try one last time to sell you on my favorite local band, praise the bonding power of old-school hip-hop, demand free coffee from Starbucks, check in on some Twin Cities legends, question the validity of the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame, go in for my European heritage, attempt to explain growing into an album ten years after its release, make amends for mispronouncing things months ago, mispronounce a whole new batch of things, and make my case for the best Radiohead album.  All that plus the Cover Of The Week, Flatbasset Flatclassic, popped "p's," mumbled commentary, and all the other features you've come to know & love/enjoy/tolerate from Flatbasset Radio.

As always, the Flatbasset Radio podcast is free to stream.  Simply click the Mixcloud player below.



01. Human Kindness - Blunder Road
02. Jazz Spastiks & Rebels To The Grain - Tapes
03. Beck - Missing
04. The Persian Leaps - The Concept
05. Crescent Moon & Andrew Broder - Ashes (w/Greg Grease)
07. Moods - Rain Or Shine
08. Lou Reed - Vicious
09. Ben Folds - Give Judy My Notice
10. Fraternal Twin - Skin Gets Hot
11. Ivy - Thinking About You
12. Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees

There you have it, everybody.  Open the windows and enjoy!




For more TCDroogsma be sure to give him a follow on Twitter (@TCDroogsma).  Previous episodes of Flatbasset Radio are archived on his Mixcloud page.  Stop by Flatbasset Radio's Facebook Page & give it a "Like" if you have the time.