Sunday, April 12, 2015

Flatbasset Radio: Episode #56


Get bit by the hounds...


Well hello again, everybody!  Welcome back to Flatbasset Radio!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I was incredibly busy in March as such I haven't been able to post a new show in about six weeks.  Sorry.  I'm a busy guy.  You know what they say about the devil & idle hands...

Anyway, I'm back and I promise you that I will crank out new blog posts and new episodes of the podcast all summer long.  Word is bond, son, word is bond.

So, let's get on with it then.  In this week's show I attempt to justify my month-long absence from the show, play a forgotten jam from 2014, attempt to explain how Tim Armstrong was my Dylan, discuss my expectations of Blur's reunion, celebrate the anniversary of Bloc Party's best album, dig into my theory as to why EP's are sometimes the best work an artist puts out, struggle, yet again, to pronounce "Citroën," and, as is par for the course, go all fanboy on a Smiths Flatbasset Flatclassic.  All of that plus all the popped "P's" and audio drop-outs you can possibly stomach.  Enjoy!

As always, this episode is available to stream for free. Just click the Mixcloud player below



01. Twin Graves - Love You To Death
02. Mike The Martyr - Build Clinton (w/Toki Wright)
03. Tim Armstrong - Black Lung
04. Greg Dulli - Paper Thin Hotel
05. Eric Mayson - Capital
06. Bloc Party - This Modern Love
07. Blur - Go Out
08. Aesop Rock - Zodiaccupuncture
09. Jens Lekman - Postcard #3
10. Citroën - Ghost
11. The Smiths - Well I Wonder

There you have it.  Feels good to be home, baby!