Monday, January 20, 2014

Album Of The Week: January 20-26, 2014


My Album Of The Week for the week of January 20th-26th, 2014:


Human Kindness - You Are So Loud That I Want To Die

I stumbled on to Human Kindness in the most modern of ways: Twitter.

Scrolling through my timeline yesterday I saw a tweet from local dream-pop band Gloss.  It read:

"If you aren't listening to right now on you're a fool"

Well, having spent 31 years of life battling against the perception that I'm a fool I decided I'd better check out Human Kindness.  Turned out, Gloss don't lie.

I headed over to the Human Kindness Bandcamp page and downloaded You Are So Loud That I Want To Die.  Upon first listening to it this morning I was thrilled at the prospect of spending he rest of the week with the album. They work up a post-punk racket that recalls early Titus Andronicus or Constantines.  If you're going to be spending the week inside due to Polar Vortex 2: Da Return, I suggest you give this one a spin.