Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Flatbasset Radio's 25 Most Played Albums: April '18


Well hello again, everybody! Welcome another installment of Album Collage Monthly!

You know what they say about April - in like a frozen tundra of depression, out like a sweaty mess of depression! Nah, I kid. I hope April was good to you. It was pretty good to me. Very big thanks to everybody who stopped by the blog or checked out the show this month. I was able to crank out for new episodes of the podcast and crank out Flatbasset's first ever interview.

(Special Paragraph Break - Exceptionally big thanks to Jeremy Warden of Double Grave for working with me on that interview. Like an idiot I'd been debating reaching out for an interview for a month but my nerves got the best of me. When I finally did reach out we had to work it out on a super tight deadline and Jeremy definitely went above and beyond in finding time to answer my questions. Definitely appreciated. Go get their new EP. It's flame emoji.)

Alright, back to this thing.

As always, one "play" equals one song. For example, the new Niiice. album has 10 songs on it, so each time I listen to it front to back it counts as ten "plays." As usual, all stats come from my Last.FM page. Give it a follow if you really want to stay up on what's getting the most plays.



01. Mitchell Adam Johnson - Marigold (70 plays)

02. Niiice. - Try To Stay Positive (70 plays)

03. No Kim - Sweet For Promise (65 plays)

04. The Suicide Machines - Battle Hymns (60 plays)

05. Talking Heads - More Songs About Food And Buildings (55 plays)

06. V/A - Unpop 159 (49 plays)

07. Atmosphere - When Life Gives You Lemons, You Paint That Shit Gold (46 plays)

08. The Specials - Guilty 'Til Proved Innocent! (45 plays)

09. Brian Eno - Another Green World (44 plays)

10. Wellness - Mall Goth (44 plays)

11. Propagandhi - Today's Empires, Tomorrow's Ashes (42 plays)

12. Superdrag - Head Trip In Every Key (41 plays)

13. Pulp - This Is Hardcore (41 plays)

14. Elvis Costello - This Year's Model (41 plays)

15. V/A - Mojo Presents... Island Folk (39 plays)

16. Alexei Shishkin - 3 (39 plays)

17. Semisonic - Feeling Strangely Fine (38 plays)

18. The Last Shadow Puppets - The Age Of The Understatement (38 plays)

19. Tapes 'N Tapes - Walk It Off (38 plays)

20. All - Allroy Sez... (37 plays)

21. Simon & Garfunkel - Bookends (37 plays)

22. The Fall - I've Never Felt Better In My Life - 1979-1982 (37 plays)

23. The Dynospectrum - The Dynospectrum (36 plays)

24. Dakota Blue - LAVALIKE // Rodeo Knife (36 plays)

25. The Plastic Constellations - We Appreciate You (35 plays)

There you have it, folks. Stay tuned for more shows (and hopefully more interviews) in May.





I can be found on this big terrible internet on Twitter (@TCDroogsma).  Previous episodes of Flatbasset Radio are archived on my Mixcloud page.  Stop by Flatbasset Radio's Facebook Page & give it a "Like" if you have the time.