Saturday, September 9, 2017

Flatbasset Radio: Episode #106


Oh, the pain in my legs...


Well hello again, everybody! Welcome to Flatbasset Radio's long-in-production Episode #106!

That's right, folks, I finally got my lazy ass back to work after taking nearly six weeks off from the podcast. I know what you're thinking, "Well, you must have been very busy. Between work and your commitment to self-improvement I can completely understand taking six weeks off."

Wrong! I took on no extra work and may actually be dumber than the last time I recorded a show.

Nonetheless, I've got a great show for you this week. We've got to catch up on some anniversaries, check out some outstanding new local music, look ahead to some concerts this week, look back at a major concert that passed, dig into some instrumentals, and, sadly, mourn to lost titans of their respective genres. All that plus the Cover Of The Week and the Flatbasset Flatclassic!

As always, Flatbasset Radio is completely free. I've finally set up a decent downloading site, so if you'd like to download Flatbasset Radio: Episode #106 (with all the appropriate iTunes tagging), just click here.

If you don't have the time or desire to download the show, just click the Mixcloud player below and you're good to go.



Here's how Episode #106 plays out:





01. The Persian Leaps - Picture My Reaction




02. Madlib - 10 Summers Down




03. Brand New - Can't Get It Out




04. Carl Broemel - The Golden Age




05. Sonic Youth - Sugar Kane




06. Kendrick Lamar - DNA




07. Glen Campbell - Ghost On The Canvas




08. The Toasters - I Wasn't Going To Call You Anyway




09. Free Truman - Vape God




10. Carter Burwell - Conspiracy Theory

\


11. Morrissey - Tomorrow




12. Steely Dan - Haitian Divorce










There you have it, folks! Enjoy!




For more of my rantings you can give me a follow on Twitter (@TCDroogsma).  Previous episodes of Flatbasset Radio are archived on my Mixcloud page.  Stop by Flatbasset Radio's Facebook Page & give it a "Like" if you have the time.