Friday, June 29, 2018

Flatbasset Radio: Episode #129


I've had all that I can take today...


Well hello again, everybody. Welcome to Flatbasset Radio: Episode #129!

Folks, I know it's been a few weeks since put up a new show and believe me, you have my most sincere apologies for that. I wanted to do the show, but I've been doing nothing but working, sweating, and napping in this godforsaken heat bubble of a city that I just didn't get it done. My bad. I'm back, though, better than ever.

This week's show is front-to-back bangers. I've got plenty of new local music, some throwback local jams, a batch of anniversaries (funny how a few weeks off does that), a couple new West Coast obsessions, our continued exploration of the Disposable America catalog, our weekly deep dive into Nate's Archives, the Cover Of The Week, a trip in the Minnesota Way-Back Machine, and, of course, the Flatbasset Flatclassic.

As always, Flatbasset Radio is completely free. I've finally set up a decent downloading site, so if you'd like to download Flatbasset Radio: Episode #129 (with all the appropriate iTunes tagging), just click here.



Here's how Ep. #129 plays out:






01. The Regrets - Houndstooth





02. Haley (fka Haley Bonar) - Big Star





03. British Sea Power - Come Wander With Me





04. Lunch Duchess - Ride Or Die





05. Naked Raygun - Rat Patrol





06. Lost Film (fka Orca Orca) - Tomorrow





07. Astronomique - We Disappear





08. Quarterstance - Put On





09. The Smilies - In My Head





10. Roma Di Luna - Tamar





11. Snuff - Take Me Home (Piss Off)





12. Wilco - At My Window Sad And Lonely








Beats by Phatnumber
Flatbasset Radio Artwork by Ross Auger

Thanks for listening!




For more of my rantings you can give me a follow on Twitter (@TCDroogsma).  Previous episodes of Flatbasset Radio are archived on my Mixcloud page.  Stop by Flatbasset Radio's Facebook Page & give it a "Like" if you have the time.