Friday, May 19, 2017

Flatbasset Radio: Episode #97


I'll say what this means to me, I'll do what I can...


Well hello again, everybody. Welcome to Flatbasset Radio: Episode #97!

That's right, folks! Four weeks in a row! I think that may be the first time that's happened in the history of this, ahem... weekly podcast. Good times.

This week's show is filled with all the things you've come to know & love about the Flatbasset Radio podcast. I've got some new local stuff, some old local stuff, some classic pop, some beats, some hip-hop, some anniversaries, the Cover Of The Week, and a particularly heartbreaking Flatbasset Flatclassic.

Along the way I review a big-time show at the Xcel Center, highlight some upcoming shows around town, explain how to game the Green Line system, lose all of my credibility for the third straight week, struggle to remember concerts from a decade ago, celebrate some 35 year old Australian low-fi dub (yeah, really...), struggle with pronunciation, rehash my story of the best show I've ever seen, and do my best to memorialize yet another 90's icon gone too soon.

As always, Flatbasset Radio is completely free. I've finally set up a decent downloading site, so if you'd like to download Flatbasset Radio: Episode #97 (with all the appropriate iTunes tagging), just click here.

If you don't have the time or desire to download the show, just click the Mixcloud player below and you're good to go.



Here's how Ep. #97 plays out:





01. Hall & Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)




02. Now, Now - SGL




03. Klaxons - Gravity's Rainbow




04. Justin Townes Earle - Can't Hardly Wait





05. Eric Mayson - Red Circles/Outro




06. Bonobo - Flashlight




07. Tears For Fears - Memories Fade




08. Panther Ray - Something Else




09. Sage Francis - Black Out On White Night




10. Zerox Dreamflesh - Squids Can Fly




11. Wilco - Impossible Germany




12. Soundgarden - Fell On Black Days










There you have it, folks! Enjoy!



For more of my rantings you can give me a follow on Twitter (@TCDroogsma).  Previous episodes of Flatbasset Radio are archived on my Mixcloud page.  Stop by Flatbasset Radio's Facebook Page & give it a "Like" if you have the time.