Monday, February 29, 2016

Flatbasset Radio: Episode #74


See, I know my destination, but I'm just not there...


Well hello again, podcast fans! Welcome to Flatbasset Radio: Episode #74!

Happy Leap Day, everybody! In honor of this rare, yet scheduled phenomena I figured I should get my shit together and make the most of this bonus day by sitting on my ass recording a new show. Mission: Accomplished.

In this week's episode I celebrate some anniversaries, play some new local music, check in on some old Bay Area friends, lament the lack of respect for Owatonna's greatest songwriter, the sadness running through a classic beat album, revisit a single that was supposed to break one of America's great punk bands, struggle with my accents, fawn over my favorite rapper, and get unreasonably excited about my first trip to see The Boss live! All that plus the Cover Of The Week & Flatbasset Flatclassic!

As always, Flatbasset Radio is completely free. I've finally set up a decent downloading site, so if you'd like to download Flatbasset Radio: Episode #74 (with all the appropriate iTunes tagging), just click here.

If you don't have the time or desire to download the show, just click the Mixcloud player below and you're good to go.







01. Tiny Deaths - Away





02. Edison - The Modem's Offset Overture

 



03. Har Mar Superstar - Youth Without Love





04. J Dilla - Don't Cry



05. Stars - Street Lights




06. Cibo Matto - White Pepper Ice Cream




07. Belle & Sebastian - Song For Sunshine



08. Bad Religion - A Walk




09. Aesop Rock - Rings




10. Big Cats - What If It Doesn't Get Better? (w/Lydia Liza)



11. Bruce Springsteen - The River











There you have it, folks! Enjoy!




For more TCDroogsma be sure to give him a follow on Twitter (@TCDroogsma).  Previous episodes of Flatbasset Radio are archived on his Mixcloud page.  Stop by Flatbasset Radio's Facebook Page & give it a "Like" if you have the time.