Saturday, August 8, 2015

Flatbasset Radio: Episode #63 (Young Sandwich's Summer Mix Pt.1)



Man, I should go get a paper route...


Well hello again, podcast fans!  Welcome to Flatbasset Radio: Episode #63!

As you hopefully tell by the extended title up above, my buddy Nick (aka Young Sandwich) is back with another one of his seasonal mixes.  He was also kind enough to stop by a few months ago with a Spring Mix and started off his seasonal appearances last Autumn with a two-part mix for Episodes #45 & #49.  He had put one together for last winter too, but that one is in the vaults.  I'll post that one once we get into the dead of winter.

But that's the past and the future.  We're here and it's summer.

As you can tell from the title, this is the first in another two-part seasonal mix.  This time around Nick & I "collaborated" on the show.  I put "collaborated" in quotation marks because when Nick gave me the CD full of his songs about half a dozen of them refused to be recognize by my computer.  Instead of digging around to find new versions of the tracks I decided to inject a few of my own choices into the mix.  In the end this Summer Mix turned into a sort of Bizarro Summer. It's got classics you'll recognize, songs from legends you might not no, indie hip-hop, raw grunge, a good dose of jazz, sun-drenched indie rock, instrumentals, and one prog-rock opus.  Hope ya dig it.

As always, Flatbasset Radio is completely free. Just click the Mixcloud player below and you're good to go.



01. The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Long Hot Summer Night
02. Bob Marley & The Wailers - Them Belly Full (But We Hungry)
03. Open Mike Eagle - Nightmares
04. PJ Harvey - The Dancer
05. Albert King - The Very Thought Of You
06. Jim Morrison - A Feast Of Friends
07. Yes - Heart Of The Sunrise
08. .phase - Sudden Affection
09. Nirvana - Very Ape
10. Outkast - Drinkin' Again (Interlude)/Snappin' & Trappin' (w/Killer Mike & J-Sweet)
11. Nina Simone - I Want A Little Sugar In My Bowl
12. Nik Freitas - Sun Down
13. Omaur Bliss - Summatime
14. Charlie Parker - I'll Remember You

There you have it folks!  Be back tomorrow with Young Sandwich's Summer Mix Pt. 2!