Monday, May 4, 2015

Flatbasset Radio: Episode #58


Don't be sad at all...


Well hello again, pseudo-radio fans!  Welcome to Flatbasset Radio: Episode #58!

That's right, for the first time in as long as I can remember I managed to actually post two episodes a week apart.  I feel like you owe it to me to give this one a listen.

I'm flying solo yet again this week (long story), but I still managed to complain about the NHL playoffs, wonder about my dog's actions, fall for a rapper's (possibly false) back story, struggle with my French accent, begin the healing process with America's largest purveyor of exceptionally addictive coffee, rail against this "May the fourth be with you" crap, make a case for 2015 as one of the greatest music years ever, reintroduce Sweden's greatest hardcore band, revisit a classic from my teenage years, celebrate the redemptive power of loud guitars, and remember how ridiculous I was in my 20's.  All that plus the Cover Of The Week & the Flatbasset Flatclassic!

As always, Flatbasset Radio is completely free. Just click the Mixcloud player below and you're good to go.



01. The Cribs - Burning For No One
02. X - Amoir Nior
03. Nostalgia 77 - Little Steps
04. The Strokes - Life's A Gas
05. Jawbreaker - Sluttering (May 4th)
06. Junior Boys - Hazel
07. Refused - Elektra
08. All - Miranda
09. Jack DeJohnette - Epilog
10. BNLX - Light It Up
11. The Jayhawks - I'd Run Away

There you have it. Enjoy!